Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Haylie's Space

I realized I never blogged about Haylie's big girl room.  I know everyone is just dying to see it...in all it's pink glory.  Looking at these pictures, it's not a very "kiddy" room.  My "shabby chic" kind of turned into "grandma chic", but I like it regardless!!

I wasn't really happy with the way I had hung some of the wall stuff, so until I found my inspiration and re-did it, well, I guess I just let it go off my blogging radar.

Haylie's little nook.  She loves sitting in her chair, reading books by the window and looking at her cousins' pictures.  I have a blank frame up that will eventually get filled with our family pictures or something - maybe her brother when he arrives.  I'm not very good at frame murals so this is what I came up with.


The dresser.  This was originally in the guest room but we needed space for the crib.  Every girl loves to have a big mirror - so it was a perfect switch.  She loves to stand on her bed, look in the mirror and say, "pretty."  We might need to work on her ego before it inflates too much.

Notice her new lamp shade.  I love that thing with all my heart.
And her bed.  I took this awhile ago when I had the quilt all pretty.  Now its rumpled at the bottom of her bed and a mix of Elmo's and bears are taking over her sleeping space. 

Her transition to this new bed has been surprisingly easy.  We did take off the safety rail for awhile because we thought she was "just that big", but a few nights of finding her on the floor convinced us to put it back up.  We are so gracious.

No comments: