Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

I love that there is a holiday set aside to remember how thankful we are - for our freedom, for our family, for our health... I wish I was more thankful everyday though.  Just for the small things that I usually tend to take for granted.  So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to document the things that I'm thankful for at this point in my life!

  1. My husband and the fact that he is an active, LOVING father who works so HARD for Haylie and I!
  2. My sweet Haylie even though I can complain about her and her crazy attitude, I love that little girl to pieces.
  3. My healthy pregnancy so far - 2 more months and I can meet this little guy!
  4. Great friends that I can call at any point during the day for advice, just to chat, to complain, etc.
  5. My family - immediate and extended.
So, naturally those are the big things. 

I'm also thankful for music that can bring back many fond memories.  For Facebook so I can keep connected with friends.  For dishwashers because mine recently broke and I know what it's like to wash everything by hand.  For Elmo & Baby Einstein who can make my little girl happy when nothing else can.  For nieces and nephews who love Haylie and can make her smile at the sound of their names.  For cats who come sit on me every time I sit down. For crayons and colored pencils so we can get through church service.  For new light fixtures that can take your dining room from the 1970's straight to the 2000's.  For warm weather days in November.

I could keep going.  But most of all, I am thankful for God who loves me unconditionally and sends me reminders every single day.

I am blessed.

No comments: