Friday, February 26, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Is it weird...that I must know what time it is at all points of the day yet I don't wear a watch? I literally have a clock in every room.
Is it weird...that I know practically every local newscaster by name and act like we are best friends?
Is it weird...that I love to be organized yet I'm not very good at organizing? I have to reorganize my organization every month or so!
Is it weird...that the baby is asleep, Justin is asleep, I very much should be asleep and I'm up writing this instead?
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
The other day I went to visit my Nana at the nursing home. One of the nurses stopped me and wanted to see "the baby." Haylie has a pink bundle me on her carseat (clue #1) and was wearing a totally pink outfit (clue #2). So the nurse goes, "ohhh how sweet. Is it a boy or a girl?" Trying to hold back any sarcastic comments, I just told her she was a girl. So the nurse goes, "Oh really? She looks like such a boy! Really? It's a girl?"
Maybe I'll buy one of these so people won't have to wonder anymore.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
- Play groups with other stay at home moms. This helps me realize I'm not all by myself!
- Sporadic conversations on phone/text/g-chat/facebook with friends. Now that I'm not at work, I can talk whenever I want to good friends. (My cell phone bill proves it!)
- Sonic happy hour! When we do venture out, it's nice to know that between the hours of 2-4, I can get a half price treat. I love great deals! This also includes any drive-thru that doesn't make me get the baby in and out of the car.
- Finally getting Haylie to sleep and putting her down in her crib for a nap...and she stays asleep! This guarantees me just a few moments to relax.
- Daily showers. Never taking this for granted again.
In all honesty though, the little joys I get now throughout the day is being with my baby girl. She provides me with a joy I never thought I could feel. She is truly a blessing from God and everyday that I have her with me, I never want to take it for granted. A year ago, I was really starting to doubt that this day would ever be here when I would be home with my daughter. God is so good!!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
To this...in a month!! My baby is growing up! :)
Today was our visit to the pediatrician. Haylie is 22.5 inches tall and weighs a hefty 11.5 lbs!! She is right on track with her growth, but does have a petite head. (Justin...) She impressed the P.A. with her temper and screaming...and we didn't even do shots today due to insurance issues. I think the whole office was ready for us to leave!
- to swing and look up and the mirror/rotating butterflies.
- to play on her playyard and stare at the animals hanging off!!
- bathtime with daddy
- watching TV (although we try not to let her!)
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
So, Haylie and I were planning on going down to the office in between her feedings. I didn't bring in the diaper bag because I thought we wouldn't need anything (HUGE mistake). Well, about 5 minutes after I got there, Haylie spit up thick, white spit up all over my shoulder. Luckily I had a few tissues in my purse to wipe that nastiness off. I had to hold her the rest of the time and finally she fell asleep. Meanwhile, I am scoping out places in the back corner where I could still hear for my number to be called in case she woke up and needed to eat...because we were pushing the time!! I didn't have my diaper bag so that was going to be an interesting experience if that happened. So, the whole time she was sleeping, I was sweating bullets because I didn't want to nurse her in the nasty, not so private and definitely not sanitary state dept of health's office with only my fleece as an attempt to cover.
Finally after an hour and a half of waiting/sweating/constantly rocking my baby in attempt to keep her asleep, our lucky number 30 was called. Whew. We made it. And will never do that again!!