Friday, November 25, 2011

Straight Up Ugly

If you've ever been to my house (or even if you haven't) you probably know about my hatred of our dining room light.  To me, it's the 1970's ugliest creation and it's been hanging in our house since we moved in well over a year ago.  This light was on my to-get-rid-of-immediately but other projects took time and money first.

 When Justin was gone hunting, I decided it was time to look into finding a new one.  Renovation Station (Habitat for Humanity) sometimes has some good finds so I went down and hooray!  I found this gem.

It's in a "Antique Copper" finish, but I am not scared of a bottle (or two) of spray paint.



Finished product!  It took us awhile to get it up and how we like it and I might have broken a piece in my attempts to do things while Justin was away, but all in all, we got it up and I think it is an 1000% improvement over the ugly we had there.

And I paid less than $55 for it all.  Beat that Home Depot.

1 comment:

Gabrielle Aapri said...

It's amazing what a can of spray paint can do, huh? :) Looks great!