Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh the Insanity.

I just read a hilarious article on a stay at home mom's reality schedule.  I remembered back in the day when I (for some reason) thought it would be fun to blog about my daily schedule...and look back on it once I had a baby.  Well now I have two babies and this momma's life...well, it's just crazy.

7:00 AM - Haylie wakes up.  Wants immediately to have chocolate milk and to watch Dora.  I allow this for a few extra moments of snooze time.

My snooze time turns into an hour later when Jace starts yelling from his crib.  He is passed his "I just woke up and I'm politely asking" mood and is flat out yelling to get my attention.  After he is done drinking about 5 oz of milk, he immediately wants 1-2 packages of baby food.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to get Haylie to eat something.  Anything.  Finally decide on yogurt - then I clean up the yogurt she "accidentally" squeezed all over the floor.

Try to get my kids dressed for the day. Go to the potty with Haylie.  Sit on the tub for 5 minutes while she pees and tries to poop (every. single. time.) Start her washing her hands, go get Jace who is decided to be done with his after breakfast activity. Get him happy, realize Haylie is still playing in the water.  Go get her hands dried off and shuffle her off to find some shoes.

Leave her to go pack Jace's diaper bag.  Go get Jace who has rolled on his tummy and doesn't like it anymore.  Realize Haylie is now reading to Bear in her room instead of getting on her shoes - find her shoes and put them on for her. Go back in the kitchen to finish packing Jace's bag.  Get Haylie out of her room to start going towards the car when she realizes she doesn't have Bear.  Go find Bear and bring it back to her.  She then wants Dora.  Go get Dora and bring it back to her - she immediately wants Blankie (I am not about to have her go get them.)  Go get blanket and tell her to go get in the car.  Grab Jace and put him in his carseat.  Haylie is now outside riding her bike instead of getting in the car.  Get Jace in the car and tell Haylie to get off her bike.  A tantrum now starts.  Tell Haylie we aren't going to go to ____ unless she gets in the car.  Tears are rolling down her face as she finally gets in the carseat.  She perks up as soon as I tell her we are going to ______.

This is usually about 9:30.  I could go on for the rest of my day but just imagine a repeat of the first 2 hours of the day and about 10 trips to the potty.

I found that article by HooHas surprisingly accurate...


I love my kids to pieces.  They keep me busy and on my toes.  They keep me insane and sane all at the same time.  Life was certainly different before kids...but I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

5 comments:

Darla said...

What a precious pict of them!

Erin said...

Don't you love how big Jace looks compared to Haylie?

Ryan and Katie said...

that is the sweetest picture ever!

Maria said...

I find it very refreshing that your day sounds a lot like mine. Phew. Thank goodness! :)

Kathryn said...

Wel live the same life! Imagine trying to do that before work at 8 am... Wow. Hats off to working moms!