Thursday, September 20, 2012

Seasons of Change

Lots of things have been happening lately...lots of change.  I'm not fond of change at all...so I resist until I finally figure out that things are going to be okay.  We've had a change in our duplex situation - thinking we were sitting pretty for at least 5 more months of full renter-ship, we had to evict one of our tenants because he wasn't paying.  It wasn't a great situation anyway - his sister was paying for him so when asking him for rent, he would just shrug and tell us to ask his sister.  Thankfully, he left the house in good condition and without a big scene, so we don't have to add a bunch of repairs to our list.  But what is even more frustrating than a late payment each month is finding a new renter...some of the calls we get just blow my mind.

Moving on.

We had a change from lazy to busy. Meaning every day getting up and running out the door.  It means less time hanging out with our friends that we saw several times throughout the summer and realizing that we are busy and don't have as much time to do that.  I wish everyone's schedules coincided with mine.  That would make "friend time" so much easier to accomplish - right?!  I miss my friends...Haylie misses hers too.  Jace...well, he doesn't really have any yet.  But we are doing new things - branching out and hopefully making some new friends along the way.  

Mostly, I'm trying to change a little of myself.  I'm working on two bible studies this fall, one that is opening my eyes to the inner workings of man and I'm trying to change my behavior to respect and support my husband more.  This has been the hardest change of all...it's just easier to blame baby hormones or almost 30 years of being the way I am.  The other is a study of Acts and I'm in a group with some girls my age and some that are about my grandma's age (and some in between!)...this in itself is new.  I've always been in a group with people my age but I think (hope) it will be wonderful to have an older generation's perspective.

I don't like being outside of my comfort zone.

But you know what?  I think I'll be okay.

2 comments:

Chellie said...

Awesome on the changing yourself! I totally respect that.
I don't like change either -- makes my new schedule tough.

Kathryn said...

Yeah, we don't have friends anymore. :( Maybe when the kids are in school we will have time for that?? Either way, we're not alone in feeling friend-less-- all my "friends" feel this way right now!