Saturday, September 8, 2012

Let the fun begin!


First day of SonShine School - September 6, 2012                        


Jace is 7 months old in the Nursery class.  Teachers are Ms. Jenni, Ms. Jennifer & Ms. Linda
Haylie is 2.5 years old and learning about sea creatures.  Teachers are Ms. Danie & Ms. Krystal. (I'm not a horrible picture taker - I was trying to get her name...)

I am really looking forward to this year.  Summer was fun and relaxed, but I got a little too comfortable with not getting things done.  Dinner every night was kind of a surprise since I barely did any meal planning and with both kids all day every day, I was frazzled by most days end with no energy to pick up the house or fold laundry.

So I was pretty excited about Sonshine School starting!!  None of us shed a tear (well, I almost did but then I quickly pulled it together.  It's just for a few hours.)  Jace went right to his teachers (he doesn't care much as long as someone is there to take care of him).  Haylie walked right in without a backwards glance...and  I skipped right on out of there!

Their first day went well.  Haylie kept her panties dry, took a nap and got a sweet note from her teachers about being a great listener and participating well.  Jace took a great nap for his teachers and ate all of his lunch (I overpacked for him but apparently he thought he needed to eat it all.)

Those are the kind of reports an anxious mommy wants to hear about her babies time away!

2 comments:

Gena said...

Yay for dry underwear and eating a good lunch! We will be congratulating ourselves on the same things in about sixty years. ;)

Kathryn said...

I just love you! I want to hang out!