Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reason # 216...

...why I'm falling further in love with the mini-van.

A roadtrip.

This past weekend we went on a trip to see the Missouri Cornells.  We were a little excited at the idea of having a ton more space than in our previous little beep beep car.  So we loaded up and got on the road.  I was relaxed instead of frustrated from having everything jammed in around me.  We ate dinner in the car to alleviate an unnecessary stop and had both kids in their pjs.  At one point Jace needed a diaper change so I just crawled in the back and took care of it while the car was still in motion.  He was safe and kept his belt on.  The ride there was uneventful - which was wonderful.

G&B hosted a youth retreat the majority of the weekend so Haylie got to spend lots of time with her cousins.  She loved it.  They stayed up late Friday night watching The Little Mermaid (thanks boys for indulging me her) and ate lots of popcorn and brownies.  Saturday we got to watch Jagger play soccer (3 goals!  Wow!) and play at a really cool park.  It was a relaxing weekend.



The ride home was actually okay.  I dreaded it since both kids would be up for a pretty good amount of time.  Haylie was in underwear and that stressed me out but she survived the 7 hour car ride with dry panties!!  Jace kept getting bored, so it was a constant task with keeping toys within his reach. 

Two teeth! 

The last hour it was just easier for me to be in the very back seat so I crawled back there to keep Jace happy and to chat with Haylie.  To keep her from whining, I kept asking her LOTS of questions. I was pretty exhausted from thinking of interesting things for her.  We finally reach the last turn towards home and she suddenly gets upset and says Jesus scares her because he takes her up in the sky and it's dark...um...look we are home!!

(Don't worry, I reassured her that Jesus loves her and wouldn't ever scare her.  I think we reached an understanding.)

1 comment:

Kim Buesing said...

you're such a good Momma :)