Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Don't be jealous of our life. I know it's going to be hard. Yesterday, after having a rough night again with Haylie (sweet baby, we liked you more when you slept through the night), Justin discovered we had a heated floor! Whoo hoo!! Except that this is not a good thing - it meant a hot water leak at our house. Roto Rooter came out and wanted to bust our floor up to the tune of $1700. Edmond Plumbing came out and they wanted to go through the ceiling to the tune of $1600. Insurance may or may not cover it, it just depends on how much damage we have to the inside of our house. So, basically, to get any money out of our insurance, our house has to flood. Thank you, Dave Ramsey, for teaching us the value of the emergency fund.

So, Justin and I were sick off and on again through the day and we weren't able to even bathe to try to get the nasty feeling off. Today I'm home babysitting a cranky baby and two plumbers. Justin is at the rent house trying to get the sewage problem under control.

On another note, please pray for my Nana. She was moved from skilled nursing to a regular room at the nursing home and has developed pneumonia. Things are not looking good for her and I just want her to have comfort during this last phase of her life.

So when it rains, it pours! I am trying to find the positive under this dark cloud, but it's proving to be kind of tough. I'm just thankful Justin has a great job that lets him be flexible and that I can be at home to help with all these situations.

I'm just trying now to get through this week. We'll start fresh on Sunday.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Yay dave ramsey!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Way to stay positive and show others the benefit of thinking ahead! Hang in there!

Jessica said...

Hey girl! I've heard that babies who have slept through the night, and then start waking up, could be waking up hungry due to a growth spurt. Good luck! Sorry about the everything going on!

Ryan and Katie said...

praying for you!

carly said...

Romans 8:28 is the verse I always remember when things aren't going well... d:(