Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Day

Yesterday was my Nana's funeral. It was a lovely service. Since the granddaughters were supposed to sing, I think I was more nervous about that and it helped me not think too much about why we were there. We get up to sing our first round of songs and I move to go sit down and almost knock down some of the flowers on the stage. Awesome. Luckily, it didn't knock them over. That would have been great - an avalanche of flowers at a funeral.

After the service we ate lunch and then got in the car to head to Shattuck, OK for the graveside. That's a 3 hour ride (one way!) my friends. Luckily Haylie slept most of the way both times. Here Haylie and Eli are knocked out on the way...
Haylie didn't like being out in the wind for the graveside service so we ended up sitting in the car and waited for everyone else. We then went back to the Shattuck C of C to have dinner and then we were back on the road. Busy busy day...and I'm relieved it's over. That's a lot to handle in one day with a 3 month old!

Here are just some fun pictures of Haylie since my blog has been "Debbie Downer" lately.


2 comments:

Crislyn said...

Erin, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! I wanted to tell you that at church on Sunday, but never got a chance to visit with you. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers for the past several days. I'm glad everything went well with the services for her.

Ryan and Katie said...

so glad it went well! love that hat!