Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Nana,

I am so glad you met Jesus today. I know you are with Him right now rejoicing with the angels in Heaven. I hope you know how much you meant to me and most of all, to our whole family. You were the true matriarch of us all - the glue that holds us all together. You were the strongest, most independent woman I know and I am amazed by how much you overcame in your life. You were so generous, kind and witty but most of all, you loved each one of us so very much. And there are a lot of us to love - but you always had enough room in your heart for more.

I'm so glad I got to see you more when I moved to Oklahoma and you came to live at Tealridge. There were so many days that I thought of you and I'm sorry I didn't come to see you more often. You have always been there for me - my personal cheerleader for everything I tried in life. You wanted to come to all of my band concerts at OC, Spring Sings, graduation, wedding & baby showers. You were there on my wedding day and wanted so badly to be there when Haylie was born. I'm glad she got to meet you, but I'm saddened she won't have the chance to get to know you. But don't worry, I will tell her stories of her wonderful great-Nana as she grows up.

I am so thankful you are comfortable now, Nana. These past few months have been so hard on you and I'm glad you can rest now. I am so thankful for each memory that I have of you and will cherish them forever. Tell my granddaddy Travis hello for me - I can't wait to meet him one day.
I love you always and forever,
Erin

4 comments:

Chellie said...

This brought tears to my eyes and made me miss my grandma. I'm praying for your family.

Ryan and Katie said...

such a sweet tribute! love you!

Candice said...

So sweet, Erin! Sorry for your loss.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Prayers for your family right now...she sounds like she was quite a neat lady!