Monday, July 27, 2009

Yoga Experiment

I've never been a huge believer in yoga...but now that I'm preggo, it seems like a good idea and something people always suggest. I haven't been much of a "work out bee" lately so I know I need to do something. I am a little hesitant to go to Chesapeake's classes on Saturdays because 1) who has time on Saturdays and 2) I don't know those people=intimidating! Chellie has offered for me to come over and try out her video she bought, but our schedules never work out. So tonight, I went and rented two pre-natal yoga videos from the library. My thought - eh, I could use a little stretching.

A little stretching?? My word, I was sweating through the WARM UP. Never mind the 1" push up that I had to do in the actual work out or lunges where I could barely get back up from (not due to pregnancy, due to no muscles!!). It's amazing how tight my body is and how off center I have become. It felt really good though!! Justin thought I had been through a hurricane with my hair in all different directions and a glazed look in my eye once I was through. Yes, it's been that long since a work out.

But alas, I have made it through the first work out and even enjoyed the cool down. Now I'm continuing to cool down...all the way to the freezer for some ice cream.

2 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm glad you found some videos. I like mine because it's broke into sections.. two 10 minute ones and one 20 minute one.. then there is the warm up meditation and cool down. I like being able to choose just how much I feel like that day. I just hope my flexibility improves soon.

Katie B said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I am glad you broke down and did a video. You will be amazed at how good some of the easy moves/stretches feel at 9 mos. I still do some of the modified moves because they are such great stretchers!