Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quotable Quotes

This week we have been helping down at VBS. We start out every night with a play and then off to teach the kids about the story we just saw. A few quotable quotes - there are tons more but my tired mind just can't retain all the sillyness.

On Lazarus:
Jennie: "Now when Lazarus was sick, he died."
5 year old kid: "Michael Jackson just died!!!"
Glad to know someone is up on their pop culture. Now, back to the Bible?

Two nights in a row, same kid:
6 year old kid: Pointing to my stomach, "Is there a baby in there?"
Me: "Yes, there is."
6 year old kid: "Can I hold it??"
Um, I don't think so. That might be awkward.

Joshua (Twin#1 or is it Joseph Twin #2??) singing/screaming "BI-BLE, BI-BLE, BI-BLE, BI-BLE..."
Jennie: "Um, that is not going to work."

When talking about sharing and being a friend like Jesus...(not Zaccheus)
"Zaccheus stole the chocolate coins like that dude!"
Ahh, Monday night's story was retained. Now back to tonight's story? :)

And for Phyllis Allen, "Huh? What?" We will miss you in the play tomorrow night!!

Ahh VBS. There is nothing like you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, I don't know why but I didn't know you had a blog. I'm so glad I found it so now I can keep tabs on your baby girl!! Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you guys. We would love to see you sometime. Sorry we didn't make it to the garage sale, but I'm glad to hear it went so well. I am also due with a boy Aug 12th. Talk to you soon!
~ andrea moyer