Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quick Trip

We are back from our whirlwind weekend trip to Kansas City, MO. Needless to say, I'm avoiding long car trips for a while!! (Or for 3 more weeks until we go to the beach, of course). Justin was a trooper and drove the whole way, only practically plowing into the back of a car while watching a cow only one time!

We went for a wedding. Justin's friend Drew was getting married and since he made the trip for ours almost 3 years ago, we thought we would return the favor. It was a nice little wedding, with interesting details along the way. :)

It's amazing how out of my element I felt. A lot of Justin's H.S. friends that were there just lead such different lives than we do. They aren't bad ones - just different. It makes me realize how much of a bubbled life I really do live in. I honestly wouldn't trade my world for theirs, but it had me thinking for a few minutes of maybe I'm living the wrong type life for only being 26 years old.

But then I snapped out of that - quickly. I love my life, my friends, my family, my church, and the stage of life I'm in. Yes, I'll stay exactly where I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tim's taking me to the beach too for our 5 year anniversary. Where are you guys going?