Thursday, June 4, 2009

Scare-dy Cat

As a normal routine, when I get home, I let Caramel outside to play. She absolutely loves it out there but I am so paranoid about her getting hurt that I only let her outside when we are home or during prime "cool" hours of the day so she doesn't bake. (Thoughtful, I know.) So I let her outside tonight and come back in to work on the crock pot dinner that's been baking all day. We decided to go out tonight to fix a problem at the rent house and then go to the hospital to see Nana. We do all of that and then add in some great ice cream time at Braum's with my parents. So, realizing it's getting dark and remembering suddenly that Carmy is still outside (it's a rule that she comes in at dark...we are so strict with our fur child), we come home to get her in. We pull up and I go to the back door to see if she is there. Well, she isn't - but that's not a big deal. She is normally good and comes when we call her. But this time I didn't hear her collar jingle or anything, so I call her again and I hear the jingle coming from our neighbors side. Caramel is infamous for being in her yard so I wasn't too worried. Well, then I see these cat eyes from a little higher than normal - and I pretty much pass out. Not really...but Caramel has somehow gotten up on our neighbor's ROOF!!!! If I hadn't been 2 seconds away from a dead faint that my baby fur girl was up ridiculously high, I would have gotten the camera. Instead I start screaming for Justin to come get her!!! Well Caramel is happy to see us and she starts ROLLING around on the roof, like, come pet my belly. I could just imagine her rolling off the edge so I'm telling her to stop (and of course she understands perfectly what I'm saying.) Justin finally coaxes her to the edge and grabs her off. I yank her away from him and run her into the house. She is soooo grounded. Literally.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm glad she came down! What rent house?

Katie B said...

haha How do these things happen to you? That is hilarious! I can SO picture a cat acting just like that.

Also:
1. Are you renting a house out?
2. Remember how the Plasters' dog got baked outside by their pool?
:(