Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cravings & Aversions

Growing up, a lot of what I learned from being pregnant was from watching Becky on Full House be pregnant with twins. I thought that you needed to tell your husband by giving him baby corn, baby shrimp and other "baby" foods to clue him in of the future 9 months. I also remember the episode where she just HAD to have that right flavor of potato chips at her baby shower and had a total meltdown when he didn't get the right ones. The guys wouldn't even back him up. Anyway, so far, I really haven't had too many issues with food. I went for a good 3 week run of eating watermelon about 2-3 times a day and the latest, caffeine free Diet Coke. Does it really matter that I've never really drank Diet Coke, yet all of a sudden it's what I really need to quench my thirst? I really am not feeling spaghetti sauce and not a huge fan of beef, but for the most part - nothing too crazy. I'm just waiting for the time where it's 10:30 at night and I just HAVE to have pickles and ice cream. When does that part come? :)

Baby Bump at 14.5 weeks

(I think my shirt just makes it look bigger than it really is!!)

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

You look so cute!! I can see a little bump in the pic!! I kind of think those cravings are made up on TV's and movies. I haven't really had any except for orange juice. I don't really crave it like I HAVE TO HAVE IT OR I"LL DIE, but I just drink a lot of it!

Kayla said...

so adorable. You are making me want to try again. I must go look at my sickly pregnancy pics to get me back to reality.

Jana said...

You are so cute! I never really had any cravings. I just had aversions. I couldn't eat fully cooked beef. I wanted rare steak ALL the time (with A1 sauce)!!!! With this one, I want vanilla Dr. Pepper and cheddar peppers from Sonic. Potato salad is off the menu for the next 6 months!