Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hurrah for Garage Sales

Success! The garage sale, that is. This has been the smoothest year of the Annual Cornell Garage Sale in trying to organize everyone and everything! It was a lot of work and hopefully everyone had a good time and was happy with the amount of $ they made. We were the tacky people that left the unwanted furniture, etc. on the side of the curb in hopes someone would take them...and not 5 minutes after we got back from the Goodwill run, my neighbor came by and took a lot of it! Then by this afternoon, the rest of it was gone. Thank you thrifty curb shoppers. We love you.

After the sale and a long shower later, we were bolting our way to Norman to try to make the Morman Tabernacle Choir concert at OU. Justin had purchased tickets with his co-worker and was excited to go. I, on the other hand, was a little tired and cranky but I tried to keep my spirits up. The concert was fantastic - my favorite was Amazing Grace with the bagpipe solo. We didn't have the best view...but when it's music, I guess it doesn't matter! The only bad part - we didn't get home until 11pm!! I was falling asleep in the car.

Today was my day of rest...and rest I did! After a filling lunch at Ted's, I came home and took a 4 hour nap!! It was so great and much needed. Now I'm ready to face another week at work. We don't get Friday off like a lot of people, but atleast it will just be a normal half day. Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

Cute new background! Yea for making $$!! I'll come take that table off your hands this week!

I have to work half day Friday too!