Friday, October 26, 2012

"Thanks! My sister made that."

Yesterday, I hosted a luncheon for the ladies in my Thursday bible study.  Needless to say, I was a little stressed out.  It was on a school day so getting my kids ready to go and out the door is usually quite hectic.  We usually just leave major messes to clean up later.  The pressure was on to walk out the door (on time!) with a clean house for the ladies to come back to.  As well as not burning down the house with leaving two crockpots on high full of soup.

Regardless of all the stress, it was a great lunch!  And I had to laugh because a lot of the things around my house that were complimented on, my response was usually, "Thanks! My sister made that!"

 Like these.  Cloth pumpkins from different fabric and a real branch for the stem.  Super cute...perfect centerpiece!
These she made from bull nose tiles and although this was news to me, she put a decal on them.  I thought ever since I got them that she bought decorative tiles but nope! Then you just use dry-erase marker on them to write what your lunch selections are.

And while she didn't make this for me, she found me the tutorial and I bumbled my way through it. I blogged about this before...

So, a big thanks to Emily for making such cute things for me to use and have around my house!  You are quite the crafty one.  My luncheon wouldn't have been as cute without your help!

2 comments:

Hucks Randomness said...

LOVE the tiles! Emily needs to start her own little store.

Kim Buesing said...

Aww! Love you Em!