Friday, October 19, 2012

Princess Haylie Carves a Pumpkin

Last night was a family night.  After a pretty hectic (but great) day, I was exhausted so I wanted to just be home.  And since Haylie is picking up more about different traditions to each holiday,  I was excited to have her help us carve a pumpkin.

Don't worry, we let her play with knives all the time.
 (That's a joke for all you serious ones)




This is where she turned into a princess.  She didn't want to get her hands dirty or help scrape out the pumpkin guts. Wah wah.

So on FB, a friend from college put on her status that her daughter wanted to carve her hand in the pumpkin.  I LOVED that idea so I copied it unashamedly.  Jace got his hand on our pumpkin too!  It's different and not spooky at all...but I adore it.  I'm a mom, that's why.

After we got our carve on, Jace woke up from his incredibly late nap.  I wanted to get his picture of our festive night and I was saying, "I see you!"  Haylie creeps over right by him and says, "Can you see me!?"  She is not very camera shy.

Practicing "the sprinkler"

This sums up a lot...

Just another normal night at the Cornells.  What are you carving into your pumpkin this year?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

LOL--"practicing the sprinkler"... You CRACK me up!!