Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Before & After: Kitchen

So far our kitchen remodel is the most dramatic. When we moved in, we had lovely wallpaper and border in addition to those fabulous vertical blinds. (I hope you sense my sarcasm.) We took the wallpaper down and had to texture all the wallspace. It was a huge undertaking while trying to preserve the wood.


What the heck is up with that light fixture? It's like an ugly glass umbrella.
Pink floral wallpaper. Ugh.

We painted the walls a (cough) pretty green color. Funny story. We painted our old living room a green color that was a mistake. But we weren't thrilled with it but just used it after trying to re-tint it a few times at Home Depot. So I was excited to get the right color in our new kitchen - to only buy the exact same color. *sigh* I'm just going to make it work.

I now love my kitchen - color and all.

Emily and I went hunting for the right fabric. It's outdoor fabric but don't tell anyone. Then I made asked my mom to help with the curtains. I am sewing stupid.

When Justin's mom came to town, we made this fabulous drum shade. I used this tutorial found by my thrifty sister. Thank goodness for the internet. We also recovered the chairs.


So now all we need is some cute art, new countertops, new flooring (as much as I love the peel & stick...), new backsplash, new refrigerator...and then our kitchen will be completely done! Ahh, gotta love home projects.

3 comments:

Brei said...

I didn't realize you have such a nice big kitchen! I love that hood. Looks great.

Kayla said...

Awesome job with curtains!! I really need to get working on curtains here soon.

Rachel said...

Nice!!

I want a drum shade light! Was it easy to do?