Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Girls Night Out

Monday night my mom, sister and I went to Hefner Grill to try out a painting class - Wine & Pallet.


Our self-portrait didn't turn out so well.  At least Mom is in the picture!

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was so much fun.  You could use your own creative direction on the original painting.



This is what we were supposed to paint.  I liked it on the website, but when I saw it in person, I knew I wanted to do something a little different.  To me, it just looks messy.  It's called "Antique Key."

So, off we go.  We could each paint our canvas whatever color we wanted.


Canvases to my right.


 This was mine. So far, we just painted the whole canvas one color.  That we mixed in a circular motion.  (Some of the directions she gave were more like "painting for dummies".) Not too difficult.



The beauty of this painting experience?  The food.  The wine.  The laughing.  Especially at the three drunk sisters across the table.  Thanks for sharing every (uncensored) detail of your life...


This is progress on mine.  At this point I thought I might hate it.



But in the end, I liked mine!  And I liked my sister's and Mom's.  I thought we all did a great job for our first time.

I'd definitely recommend this to any group who wanted a fun night out!  I plan on going again!!

1 comment:

Kim Buesing said...

NO Fair! All three are EXCELLENT! You should see the one I did, no wait - no you shouldn't. HA

I definitely want to go again too! ( to redeem myself ) :)