Monday, January 30, 2012

The Phone Call

We were already having an off morning.  Haylie got out of her room at 5 AM and wandered all the way to our room in complete darkness (well, by the light of our awesome doorbell - don't ask).  She just stood there for who knows how long before she coughed and I woke up to find her. Justin offered to lay with her until she went back to sleep (which she did) and then he pretty much just went to work.  I felt bad and offered to lay with her, but he was kind of adamant about doing it.

Thinking she would sleep in since she awoke so early, I didn't hop out of bed this morning (I'm not doing much hopping anyway) and she came and found me again before I was ready.  A little bit later, I snuck off to the shower while she watched a video and missed the call from my dr.

The nurse left me a message and said that there is only one opening for an induction this week if I wanted to do that and it was tomorrow at 7:30 AM.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait until next week!!  Well, I'm not waiting another week.  So, panicking, I call Justin who doesn't know what to do.  I say a quick prayer begging God for an answer right away, then call my mom, sister, Amy, anyone I can think of to get some sort of advice!  Everyone pretty much says it's my decision but I do feel better just talking things over.  It's just so...sudden.  I mean, I know he could come at any point.  But to plan it out for a specific time - yikes!  Especially TOMORROW!

I finally call the nurse back and get some more info, which is what I should have done in the first place.  She checks for me and finds an opening for Thursday (my actual due date) at the same time.  I take it!  I feel much calmer about having a few extra days to do final preparations.  The dr says that it won't take much for me to get in labor - but I'd still prefer my body to show me when than force him out.  Unless it takes longer than Thursday. Then get. him. out!!

Watch, now that I've stressed about it and have something on the calendar and think I have a few more days, he'll come tonight.  Well, that's fine.  I'll just stress about it then. :o)

5 comments:

Brei said...

So exciting! We expect to be texted or whatever right away!

Brei said...

So exciting! We expect to be texted or whatever right away!

Michelle said...

Yeah! I'm sure you're glad to have an end in sight! My csection date got moved from March 16th to March 12th, now on the 13th, I can't take any more movement.....so hopefully it'll be the last! Good luck!

Kim Buesing said...

praying for you cousin! I love you!

Team Andrews said...

I can't wait! I know it will go great!