Monday, February 6, 2012

So I had a baby...

on Thursday, February 2, 2012!!!

Jace was taking his sweet time in getting here so since my Dr. is AWE-SOME, we scheduled an induction time.  We arrived early that day, met our nurses (we were the lucky ones to have a nursing student with us the whole time - honestly, I didn't care), started pitocin, waited for contractions, broke my water (um, so gross) and waited for more contractions.  Once they got "moderately uncomfortable" (are you flipping kidding me?? Those babies HURT) I was finally able to get my epidural.  I was the happiest person alive at that moment.

Around 1, Justin decided to go get lunch. I was in the room by myself and felt a strange, new pressure.  I knew at that point the baby was ready.  Thankfully my nurses came in at that moment and confirmed everything.  Called the dr, called my hubby, and off we went!
 Ta-da!  Here's our new naked bundle.




Family of four!!  I promise H is excited about her new brother.
 We made our nurse on Friday nervous, I think.  We kept asking when we could go home because quite honestly, a nights sleep in the hospital is anything but restful.  We had a lady from vitals come in at 4 am, after we just shipped Jace off to the nursery, flip on 3 lights and took my blood.  Seriously?! 
On our way home!  Thanks to everyone who called, texted, FB'd, visited, brought cookies and balloons, etc. We are beyond blessed by our friends and family.  It's amazing how fast he is already such a part of our family - what did we do without him?

3 comments:

Melody said...

He's so precious Erin! So glad everything went well & that he is here safe & sound!

Kim Buesing said...

So happy Jace is here! I will be visiting soon :)

Rachel said...

Congrats Erin - that is so exciting!