Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sinking In...

Now that the complete and utter shock of having a boy has kind of sunk in, I'm diving in full force.  Names...nursery decor...cleaning out baby stuff from Haylie's closet and moving it over to guest/baby closet if gender neutral acceptable...mentally preparing myself for cars, trucks, BUGS, dirt, sports, etc...and basically having to get boy everything!  Luckily, my sister and lots of friends have boys so if I ever really need something, I know I can ask them.  (Like, how do I deal with that...thing?!)  Everyone has said that having one of each will be awesome - and I totally agree.  I'm hopeful this baby will be a little more laid back than my drama queen Haylie.  I'm hopeful this baby will not scream with all his might the second he is hungry.  But most of all, I'm hopeful Haylie will love her little brother so much and they will be life-long friends.

I saw this on my friend Miranda's blog and I like it (first I copy her party idea and now her blogging idea...can you tell I like how Miranda thinks?)...so here we go!!

Pregnancy Highlights:

Due Date: February 2, 2012

How far along: 21 weeks (tomorrow!)

Size of baby: the size of a carrot or banana

Gender: BOY!

Cravings: anything with cheese (pizza, french fries, nachos), soft pretzels from Target snack bar, pickles, salt & vinegar chips 

Sleep: Sleeping through the night!  I wake up and my bladder is screaming at me for ignoring it, but it's nice to get a full night's sleep.

Symptoms: Starting to get leg cramps but other than that, I feel GREAT!

Movement: I feel taps, kicks and punches pretty normally.  I love feeling them!

Best moments: Finding out the gender of our baby.  I don't think we can top that reaction for awhile!

1 comment:

jlair said...

I REALLY need to keep up with you better!!! CONGRATS on the baby boy!! I'm super excited for you guys!