Thursday, September 15, 2011

Anticipation

Today was one of the busiest, yet so rewarding, of days.  H and I left the house at 9:15 AM to make it to school (for her) and bible study (for me) on time!  She is doing really well with the school deal.  When I drop her off, there are no tears whatsoever.  When I come back, there are sometimes a few tears, but I can handle that because I can love on her and take her home.  I'm off track.  So off to bible study, left that a few minutes early to make it to lunch with two friends from my old work.  Leave, go get Justin some lunch, go get Justin, go to the doctor's office where we sit for 2 seconds and then we are whisked back to the ultrasound room.

Pause.

The next 20 minutes are so enjoyable - it makes my day complete.  We told the tech we didn't want to know, but to please put the gender of the baby in an envelope.  I saw on Katie's blog how Lauren did her party and my friend Miranda did a party as well.  I thought that was a fun and a special way to announce to friends and family what our baby is instead of via text message like we did for H. So we get to see our baby move, yawn, stick it's thumb up...and the very real beating of the heart.  God is SO good.  Anyway, the tech was great - she didn't even tell my DR so she wouldn't slip and we would find out. 

Fast forward again - off to drop Justin off at work, go to the bank, go pick up H from school (insert tears {from H}here).  Stop, get gas, get McDonald's cookies, head down to MWC to give secret baby info to friend Chellie who offered to make our cake/cupcakes (whatever she decides).  Stay there for about an hour or so, come home at 4:45 PM.

Exhausted yet?  I am.  Add in cooking dinner, creating family facebook page, cleaning bathroom and laundry.

This day is finally over.  As much as we fit in, I loved every second of it (well except for the cleaning and laundry)!!  I absolutely can not wait for Saturday to find out what we are having.  It's weird that one of my good friends knows...but won't tell me.  But the fun and anticipation of the party is hopefully all worth it!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's exciting! We are not finding out what we are having this time, so I'm sure it'll be killing me til March....I just try not to think about it!