Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gender Reveal Party

Today was RESULTS DAY!!  I was ready but not freaking out about it...like my husband was. He kept asking, "ready to do the cupcakes yet?"

And I always said, "nope - we need to do this first."

I'm so mean.

By the way, I got all my ideas from blog-stalking via Google.  Thank goodness for Google - I'd be lost. 

The party was at 3 in the afternoon so we just kept it simple.  Popcorn, watermelon, cupcakes and meatballs.

Our baby's pictures!

What do you think - pink or blue filling?! *Cupcakes made by Chellie*

The Poopy Diaper Game.  By the way, don't microwave diapers.  They tend to burn.

Team Boy

Team Girl


It's a....What?!  A BOY?!?!?  Wait, why is Justin falling on the floor?


After we recovered from the surprise.  I accidentally spit cupcake at Justin while he was getting up from falling on the floor and then almost choked on it.  Smooooth.

Name suggestions.  My favorites - Bob, Nesbit & Justerin

The sign in - team girl vs team boy


Sweet Chellie got us our first baby BOY outfits!!

This party was SOOOO much fun.  Seriously, the surprise and being surrounded by everyone totally beat the tech saying in a monotone voice, "it's a boy."  I'm just impressed she saw the "turtle" but we never did.

Thanks everyone for coming and for indulging us in our gender party.  We appreciate you, your support and excitement! 


5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

it was so fun! I loved both of your expressions. And it's true...those techs sure aren't too peppy when revealing gender. I mean I know they do it all day long but come on...at least FAKE excitement! Anyway good luck settling on a boy name!!

Brei said...

Ok....It Iooks more fun than I ever imagined! I'm sorry I ever said anything bad about it. :). Congratulations to you guys!

Unknown said...

I had people look at me funny when we revealed the gender at a party, but in the end, I think it was a great memory for everyone! Cute idea!

StarPower said...

It's a boy!! Congrats buddy.

Brooke said...

This looks like so much fun! I definitely want to find out this way if/when we have another one! Congrats!