Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Party for Andrew

This past weekend my Dad's side of the family came up because we had a big reason to celebrate!  My cousin Andrew has spent the last year in Afghanistan working as a air-traffic controller (I don't know his official title...but I'm sure that's close.)  Anyway, it was great to see my grandparents, two of my aunts and cousins this Saturday!  We are really proud of Andrew and the service he provides for our country in the National Guard.  It only seems fitting that we had the party on September 10, the day before 9/11.  I doubt that was part of the planning...but anyway, it seemed to fit.


Great-grampa with the Peterson girl's kids!
Great-gramma with Little Miss E

The reason for the party - cousin Andrew
Andrew and his sweet wife, Karissa

Isn't my niece adorable?!

The matching t-shirt triplets
  So during the party, we were noticing all these bee's.  My parents NEVER have a problem with this so we were really wondering what this was all about.  Well, several hours after most everyone leaves, we notice the hummingbird feeder is the new "hive."  Gross!!  Lesson for all you hummingbird lovers out there - don't let the nectar get too hot and ferment!


No comments: