Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All By Ourselves

This past Memorial Day weekend, a few girls from my rockin' small group at church decided to take a trip to the Frisco/Dallas, TX area.  We had to get approval from all the hubbys to make sure our children would be taken care of and surprisingly, we got the okay to go.  I was actually really surprised that we actually went.  Sometimes girls trips usually get talked about, but never happen.  Not this time!

There were 5 of us with 2 babies. We loaded up in a mini-van and headed out of town.  Once down there we hit IKEA and Sam Moon.  I could have spent all my time in both, but we only had half a day.  I was hoping to buy more accessories for my house, but didn't find as much as I thought at IKEA.

Sunday we were lazy and skipped church (don't tell anyone) and went shopping at the Allen Outlet Stores...all day.  We went the entire way around the loop of stores and shopped til we dropped.  I swore to myself that I would never buy anything from Coach because it's so expensive, but I found this little number for...$20!!!  It's a little wristlet and perfect!!  This picture just doesn't do it justice on how cute it really is.
After the outlets, we went to Home Goods/TJ Maxx.  I was thoroughly dissapointed with Home Goods.  I thought they would have way better prices and instead was just the "home" section of TJ Maxx blown up to a whole store.  So sad.

Monday we checked out of the hotel and went to the mall.  Not much shopping there though and soon we were on the road back to OKC.

We had a good time, stayed up way too late talking, got some time to bond, hated on our hotel staff who were so rude to us, didn't take any pictures and took turns with the babies.  My friend Tara and I might have even come up with a good money making idea...you'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks friends for an awesome time!  Who's in for next year?!

7 comments:

Team Andrews said...

I may need to join your small group. ;) Glad you had so much fun. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it tomorrow!

Ryan and Katie said...

hurray for girl trips! And hurray for dad's willing to step up and take care of kids so you can go!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering who you went with... I'm totally jealous!
Chellie

April said...

I want in on the next girls trip!

Unknown said...

Next time you come, I can show you the best (hole in the wall) places to shop!

Kathryn said...

I LOVE that you guys did so much shopping! It shows what a luxury it is for women. :) I'm glad the husbands braved the kids alone for a few days... That makes them great leaders of their families!

Justin Cornell said...

Woot Woot for the leaders... Stepin' up and watchin' the kids. (Kids don't do grammer like your daddy)