Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weekend in Review

It's Tuesday and I'm just now recovering from the whirlwind of a weekend we had.  It all started at 5:30 on Friday when Haylie decided to scream herself awake, thus me leaping from the bed to go see what in the world was wrong.  She immediately goes back to sleep once she realizes she is okay and I go back to bed...to just lay there.  I should have just turned on the royal wedding and watched, but I laid there for over an hour before getting up.  Besides, I had a garage sale to put together.

I will always do a Friday sale now.  We had the best day ever and people were coming from start to finish.  I said we were only open 8-12...but we stayed open til about 2:30 because we had lots of people.  Over $1200 between 7 families for Friday and Saturday.  Yep, I'd call that a success.  Saturday was more slow, but we still made some good bargains and got rid of a lot of crap stuff.  Only one big car load to the local Goodwill.

Sunday.  Another day of getting up at 5:30 (third day in a row), but this time it's to cheer on the hubby at the OKC Memorial Marathon.  He is running the full.  I am a pretty supportive wife, but there were times during his training season when I was not on the "I'm going to go run for 4 hours on a Saturday" bandwagon.  Regardless, it was pouring down rain and horrible conditions.  But he DID IT!!  His goal time was 4 hours.  His actual race time was 3 hours 58 minutes.  Way to go!!!  It always give me such inspiration and I think to myself - next year I'm going to participate.  Then the next year rolls around and I'm still sitting on the couch.  Maybe next year.

2 comments:

kayla said...

I'll be sittin' on the couch next year too and that's for sure!

Summer said...

Hey Erin, I'm not sure who attends the coffee nights you have started concerning infertility but I found this blog post I thought was interesting and wanted to share it; http://sevensistersinchrist.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-04-29T00%3A00%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=7

Have a blessed day!