Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Heaven

Has anyone read this book?  Let's just say I got the book on Tuesday and I finished it today.  That's right, 2 days.  It's not a long book, but it is very captivating.  In case you haven't heard about it, it's about a 4 year old who gets very sick and he later tells his family that he has experienced Heaven.  It's powerful; it's moving.  It makes you want to believe everything this 4 year old says.  That he met Jesus as soon as he went up into Heaven.  That he was able to meet his sister who was miscarried before he was even born.  He also met his Pop who died a decade before he was born.  I can't even go into all the details about this book because it's simply amazing and you should read it for yourself.  Did it really happen?  I don't know.  But I want to believe that it did.  Because now I can get a glimpse of what Heaven might really be like - from the best way possible.  Like a child.

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” - Mark 10:15 

4 comments:

Gena said...

I have really been wanting to read this book. Thanks for the reminder and the recommendation!

Darla said...

Fabulous book! Glad you enjoyed it too!

Gavan said...

I'm reading it right now!
-Melody

Chellie said...

We had a story on this kid on a couple months ago.. it was pretty incredible. Didn't know it was a book.