Monday, March 28, 2011

I thought all cars were made for driving...

At my parents house, they have one of those kiddie cars where the kid can actually get in it and push oneself around.  Haylie has recently noticed this and loves it.  But she doesn't get in the car like a normal child.  She gets in fish style by diving in over the side that doesn't open and struggling to rearrange herself until she is sitting upright in the drivers side.  Hilarious.

Today I heard an unusual commotion around the chair.  She was crying but this isn't out of the ordinary.  When she gets frustrated, she cries until she figures it out.  We are working on this.  Anyway, her cries kept getting more frantic.  So I look over around the chair to find this:

Haylie.  Stuck in her car-look-alike shopping cart.  Her legs are sticking straight out and she. Is. Stuck.  So I struggle to free her and she immediately DOES IT AGAIN.  By this time, I am about to die laughing because she knowingly put herself in this situation but is yet so stressed out she doesn't know what to do.  I finally wiggle her out and it takes me about 20 minutes to calm her down.  Needless to say, the shopping cart is going up out of reach until we learn not to climb through the windows.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Haha! I can see how that would be frustrating! Just wait until she sees the "Real" version of "fun size" candy bars :)

Team Andrews said...

Hilarious! Please take a video of her getting into the car at your parents house. I'd love to see that too! ;)