Sunday, June 20, 2010

Whoops

It's amazing what a little daylight will show. Saturday we went back to the house that we put an offer on (in NE Edmond) with Justin's parents & my sister and nephew in tow. We felt like we saw a completely different house than we did the other day. It was terrible. I'm going to plead insanity. Or stupidity. This should be a lesson to everyone out there not to put an offer on a house the day your city gets 10 inches of rain in 6 hours and the lights aren't currently turned on.

We were relieved that our realtor hadn't cashed our earnest money and that we were still in the clear for "walking away with no reason." Whew. We then went to see another house in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood well within my 2 mile bubble radius and put an offer on it. It's a fantastic home and everything we have been looking for. It's clean. It's roomy. It has a driveway I can have a garage sale on. You know, the important things. We are closing the same day as our other house and couldn't be more excited. If you know anyone who has boxes or packing paper/newspaper they wouldn't mind giving us, let me know. Packing starts tomorrow. Welcome home, Cornell family, welcome home.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

oh my. What in the world did you see that you didn't notice before!?!!? I wish you had posted pictures :)

Ryan and Katie said...

yay! I was selfishly bummed that you were going to be moving even FURTHER from me so now I'm glad it's still in your bubble area :) Let me know if I can help pack or watch Haylie!

Nicole said...

I've got boxes you can have and plenty of time to watch Haylie.