Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home Update

After a weekend full of anxious moments of finding the right house, I just didn't think it would be possible. Justin and I can barely agree on the purchase of smaller things like plates, duvet covers or style of bedroom furniture...let alone a house. We ended up getting in a few "discussions" because he was looking for an "investment property" and I was looking for a home that would be good for Haylie! I didn't want to live in some ranky danky stanky house...so there in lies a problem between the hubby and I.

Monday morning we agreed on two more homes to go look at. One is in NE Edmond where I thought it was TOO far north to live. One was in a 2 mile radius of our current home - much more in my comfort bubble where I haven't moved from in the last 5+ years. I don't like change. Obviously.

We go see the home in NE Edmond...where two people named Cornell fell in love with it. It is a great home with good bones...and an acre of a wooded lot. It is a home that needs work, but a lot of that work is new carpet, new paint and a new bathroom or two. No problem there! It is a bank owned property so now that we submitted our offer...the waiting game is on. We will hopefully know something in a day or two...but it's killing us because neither of us are very patient. It would also depend on inspections - since we saw the house in the dark, we aren't sure what all works and what doesn't!

It may work out, it may not. If it doesn't, we will be so sad but we actually did like the other house we looked at that day and would be willing to put an offer on that. Not as cool as the first home, but still a great option.

Regardless of our decision, we will probably be moving in with my parents for a few weeks. I'm not sure Caramel and Kobe (their fat 22 lb cat) will get along, but it might be something we will just have to work out. Caramel has claws, Kobe doesn't. We'll see who wins.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Uh oh. You are saying you may be leaving the 2 mile bubble?!!?!?!? Noooooooooo....

Unknown said...

Yay for finding a house you both love! The house we bought was THE LAST house we looked at. (And it was the sort of situation where our house hunting trip had ended and we kind of had to decide on one of the above.) Jim didn't like that it had natural wood baseboards (who cares?) so I told him we'd paint them and we bought it! (And we never painted the baseboards.)

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Where in NE Edmond? I hope everything is still going well! Glad you guys could agree.