Monday, June 7, 2010

3 in 1

I am a day late but there is something I must say.

Happy 29th Birthday Justin!!

Yesterday was a pretty busy day and I just didn't have a chance to sit down and do a proper blog shoutout. I'd like to think that he had a good day - church, hanging out with friends, Qgroup, movie night with his awesome wife. He said it was great - so I'm just going to have to believe him. He is such a loving and amazing husband and father. I caught this picture of them a week ago when a major fight was going on with Haylie and sleep and sleep finally won - for everyone involved. Justin LOVES to snuggle with Baby H.
One of the reasons we were so busy this weekend is because this awesome couple and their two gorgeous girls came to stay with us! I'm so mad that I didn't get a pic of their family so I stole this from Facebook.
This is Chris & Casey Allison and they are missionaries in Cambodia. They are doing such good work over there and its amazing to me because they are so patient and kind with each other and their kids - they both are amazingly selfless. They have Maggie (4) and Melanie (2) and Marcus is on the way! They have taught their girls something brilliant. They can "appeal"! If the girls are doing something and Chris or Casey tell them to do something else, they can say, "May I appeal?" - first they have to show they are obeying and then they get to tell their side of the situation and how they feel and what they want to do. Then the parents decide. It's so cute to hear a 4 & 2 year old say such a big word like appeal. It's just not expected!


A week ago, we also celebrated Memorial Day with my immediate family and my other "family", the Collins! Sandy & Bill were up from Louisiana and so all of our families got together for a great cookout.

Sorry for the "panty" peek. We need to teach Haylie to cross her legs. I think her thunder thighs are too big for that.

1 comment:

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.