Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Day of Insanity

Yesterday Haylie got some shots at her six month appointment. Today was a reaction unlike we have ever had before. She slept straight through the night until 8:30 am. Yea! But before I could do my happy dance, around 11 am is when my day went downhill. The crying just wouldn't stop. In between crying she would pass out - exhausted. The moment I moved her, she would start crying again. Sleep again. Loss of the paci. Crying again. I couldn't put her down. At one point, I seriously contemplated getting in my car by myself and driving to Braums. Or Target. Or even Canada for all I cared. But I hiked up my shorts, tied my hair back even higher and plowed right through the tears. We also were supposed to have a showing at 5pm...they never showed. So all day long in between Haylie's outbursts, I was cleaning up the house. My attitude went south when it rolled around to 5:30 and they never came and I was still at home alone with an attitudinal baby.

Justin comes in from a meeting at church and lo and behold, my baby suddenly turns into a wonderful, happy bundle of joy. Excuse me??

Ahh. Tomorrow is a new day. Lucky for Haylie, I love her face. More than life itself. We will continue on and just pretend like our day of insanity never happened.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Hang in there...I had many days like that when we were trying to sell our house...I understand what kind of a day you had...sorry, friend!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Praying for you!! I know days like that are hard. I remember several like that and calling a friend to come sit with the crying baby so I could run to Sonic and get me something good! :-) And it is never easy to sell a house with a baby around!! You are a great mom - keep it up!!

Unknown said...

Ah that brings back memories! We were trying to sell our house for the first few months of Lily's life, which was difficult. Lily reacted to shots in a similar way... where she'd sleep like mad and then cry like mad. I don't know how you feel about medicine, but I gave Lily infant Tylenol and it helped A LOT.

Lemonade said...

Oh my goodness, that made me laugh really hard. Not the part about how you had such a stressful day, but the witty way you wrote it. That's tough, it's hard to get a house cleaned up to show without a child, let alone one who is crying!! I'm happy to hear that you guys sold the house - congrats!!!!
~ andrea moyer