Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Trip

We went to Neosho, MO this past weekend to see Justin's grandparents. Justin's parents also came down since it's about the half way point for everybody. Haylie was a real trooper in the car...and for the most part did okay away from home. We did have a feeding that was more screaming than eating and she didn't sleep through the night the first night we were there, but that's okay. We still had a good time with the family and I know everyone was excited to meet Haylie.
On the way home, at one point I was in the back with Haylie to give her a bottle and she later fell asleep. Justin had on this really boring CD that he borrowed from his friend and this is what Haylie and I BOTH thought of it!! Turn it off! :)

We probably won't be doing any overnight trips anywhere again soon - I was pretty stressed. But now I know it's always a possibility!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Trips are hard with the little ones. They require SO much stuff to travel! But it's good that you did it, and I'm sure you won't regret any trips you take down the road... even if you're a little stressed at the time! :)

(When Lily was 3 months old, Jim went out of town for 3 weeks, so my friend and I drove 10 hours to spend a week at church camp with my parents. Stressful? YES! But totally worth it!)

Jana said...

Oh my goodness! My first trip with Jayden was when she was 3 months. I got so dehydrated that I wasn't producing as much milk as she needed. It was sooo stressful. Most feedings were all screaming and no eating.

I leave Friday for Kenley's first road trip. She will be 3 months the day after I get back. I am going to take my time and drink LOTS of water!!

Kayla said...

To answer your question- Yes it was! Miss you too! What do you want to do about that?!!?!