Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Little Joys

Transitioning from a full time working wife to a full time stay at home mom has proved to be a little more difficult than I thought. For the first few weeks of my baby's life, I border-lined on feeling a little...down. I was still happy, but just the transition of going from doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to being at home in the same place for hours/days/weeks on end was not something I was truly prepared for. Now that Haylie and I go out and about and see more than the living room walls, it really make me see the little joys I have in my life.
  • Play groups with other stay at home moms. This helps me realize I'm not all by myself!
  • Sporadic conversations on phone/text/g-chat/facebook with friends. Now that I'm not at work, I can talk whenever I want to good friends. (My cell phone bill proves it!)
  • Sonic happy hour! When we do venture out, it's nice to know that between the hours of 2-4, I can get a half price treat. I love great deals! This also includes any drive-thru that doesn't make me get the baby in and out of the car.
  • Finally getting Haylie to sleep and putting her down in her crib for a nap...and she stays asleep! This guarantees me just a few moments to relax.
  • Daily showers. Never taking this for granted again.

In all honesty though, the little joys I get now throughout the day is being with my baby girl. She provides me with a joy I never thought I could feel. She is truly a blessing from God and everyday that I have her with me, I never want to take it for granted. A year ago, I was really starting to doubt that this day would ever be here when I would be home with my daughter. God is so good!!


5 comments:

Candice said...

And it gets even better, girl! 9 months way really where the upturn happened to me. Yes, staying home is so much more challenging mentally, emotionally, and physically than I ever thought, too.

Jessica said...

Yep I definitly know the feeling of being "stuck" in the house with a newborn. I'm glad you're doing better! Just enjoy the time you have with her!

Ryan and Katie said...

NO kidding! I wouldn't wish those first weeks on anyone! But it gets better and better every week!

Lisa said...

Isn't it amazing how your perspective changes after you have a baby?? I know exactly what you mean! Staying at home with kids can be very challenging, but in my opinion is one of the greatest joys and gifts you can give to your children. Keep it up girl and keep focusing on the positives! You're doing a great job!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.