Friday, February 26, 2010

Refreshed!

Man, have I been busy. I don't know if it is the fact that I turned 27 last Monday or the fact that on the same day I got sick and I was out of commission for the next 2 days. Either way, a spring cleaning bug has bitten me. You name it, I'm going through it and more than likely getting rid of it. I'm organizing our bedroom to make it feel more homey. I'm finally getting rid of t-shirts from college, the cat socks that my mom gave me in high school, and the stuff that "I might wear one day, maybe." I'm cleaning out the bins that hold crap from our trips (a plane ticket? Really? I'm pretty sure we don't need that to remember Vegas.) So much space we could utilize and make our house less...junky. I'm having a wonderful time and am making lists upon lists of organizational stuff I could buy or a new throw that would look good instead of the one from that garage sale that I only kind of liked. I am even organizing my grocery list by order of the aisles in Walmart. I can not tell you how refreshed this is making me feel...even if I do have to part with my beloved cat socks. Ah, I guess I am 27...time to put those to rest.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

wow... im impressed!

Candice said...

If you are worried about throwing out plane tickets you can always take pictures of them:). I am all about decluttering and not having stuff all over! Way to go, old lady! I didn't realize I am 1.5 years older than you! I am going to be 29 (gulp)!

Darla said...

ohhhh the cat socks............

Kayla said...

You can make cute skirts with the bottoms of your old tshirts ya know!!! Or lots of other things. I will take the pretty colored ones if you don't want them!!

Tarren and Erin said...

Erin, you're a dork. ;) I am in the process of making a t-shirt quilt with all my old college tees. You could do that.