Monday, November 17, 2008

MRI Results

I've been having knee pain in my right knee for a long time now. There wasn't any instance where I got hurt, it's just been getting worse and worse - especially the days after I've been really active (weekends!). So, I went to the knee doctor to see what he said and his suggestions were physical therapy, medicine and wearing a brace. Well, unfortunately, none of that has worked for me and now I'm faced with the option of having surgery. I went in for a MRI Monday and the results proved that I do have cracked cartiledge under my knee cap which causes grinding and pain. So, I'm faced with figuring out if I want to volunarily have knee surgery. It would be minor - I would be back walking the next day. But my questions are - do I need to have that unnecessary expense? Do I need to try to fit that in near the holidays? Will I regret not having surgery in a few years? (months, weeks?) Will the pain get worse? I'm just wrestling with it because it's surgery. I think that word just scares me.

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

If the pain will never go away otherwise then I would probably have it. Not a fun choice though, I'll be praying for you!

Candice said...

I agree with Ryan and Katie! I had a ganglion cyst in my wrist that prevented me from even doing a pushup! I couldn't mountain bike, etc. You are too young to live with unnecessary pain for the rest of your life! But, it isn't something that HAS to be done, so we will pray for your decision to be right for you!

Brei said...

Bummer!!!! I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap. Keep me posted on what's next. On another note, I can't wait to see ya next week..... Also, get that Christmas list to me soon :)