Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Movie vs. Book

Erin Condict and I went to go see "The Secret Life of Bees" on Friday night. I had forgotten why I avoid the mall on the weekends - or just period. I never know where to park and the people there during the weekends are so...interesting. PLUS we were all ready to stop by Sonic and get a Banana Pudding Shake and Sonic is GONE. We were very disappointed. But we saw lots of people we knew there - so that was fun.


I had just read the book that Erin let me borrow so it was still fresh in my memory. Since I had seen previews before I started the book, my characters already had the faces of Queen Latifah, Dakota Fanning and Alicia Keys. So, that was weird, but the book was still really good!!! The movie was okay. I teared up a bit but not a whole lot of other emotions from me. I just wasn't feeling the acting too much, plus I kept thinking about what they left out of the movie (or what was different) that really helps you get involved with the book.
All in all, it's a good movie - I would just say rent it when it comes out on video.

No comments: