Friday, November 21, 2008

Greaseball

Today is my big day - Justin is going back to work for a little while and I'm going to be on my own. I'm ready. I can walk. Bring on the day.

I went to my follow up visit with the doctor yesterday and stupidly took a pain pill in the waiting room. Well, this commenced nausea and lightheadedness. We were in the room and they started to take off the bandages to take out the drain in my knee and I had to lie down because I thought I was going to pass out! Then once that was out, I sat up and felt better. Then Dr. Hines came in and while he was talking, I had to lie down again! I can never go into a medical profession. I would be on the floor the majority of the time.

Dr. Hines told me I could start walking with the crutches and graduate to without whenever I felt ready. I used them yesterday from the office to the house but have been getting up to use the bathroom without!!! I am still keeping my constant ice pack on my knee but will probably go without it at some point today.

I am really excited - today I can shower!! I have the type of hair that gets greasy after a day without washing so going two makes me really nasty. That is my excuse for not going into work today - I am a greaseball!

That's the prognosis so far. I start physical therapy with my guy again on Monday. I doubt I can do much but it will be nice to get out of the house!

1 comment:

Tonya Tuggle said...

I went to a Dr. Hines for my bunionectomies...his office was out by Mercy I think. Is that the same one I wonder? I cannot imagine you attempting to go to work today, but I can totally relate to the greasy hair if not washed super frequently!