Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Survived!

Today was the big day! Everything went very smoothly and I feel pretty good! We got there about 7:30 am to check in, but then had to sit and wait for a long time to actually get in to surgery. Justin was great and kept me company and in high spirits. Finally I talked with the doctor and anesthesiologist and then a few minutes later, we were off!! I woke up awhile later and felt really good - not too groggy, sick or anything like that. My knee hurt of course but they gave me some drugs and the pain went away.

I spent the rest of the day napping, watching TV and catching up on blogstalking. I'm also trying out a new background - I tend to get bored easily with stuff like that so it might change again soon.

Thanks for everyone who has called/texted to ask about me today. My wonderful in-laws sent flowers! I love them! I told my parents they are going to have to step it up :) I've had several people offer dinner for us and I am so grateful to you for thinking about that!

Tomorrow I will go back to the doctor at 10 to get the tube removed that is removing excess fluid. After that, I should be able to walk without crutches. I don't know how that will go - I got up to go to the bathroom and about passed out so right now, as long as I'm horizontal, I am doing great.


We got this deal today that looks like a cooler...you fill it up with ice water and it connects to a wrap around my knee and constantly keeps it cool and lessens the pain. It is WONDERFUL!! It didn't even hurt when Caramel came to visit me and sat right on my knee. :)

5 comments:

Candice said...

We are so glad you came through it well! We hope you can walk unassisted tomorrow "as advertised". Keep us posted!

Ryan and Katie said...

I like the shower cap look. You should wear it more often! I'm glad you're doing well!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you survived! I was worried there a little while. :)

Tonya Tuggle said...

Erin, I didn't even know you were having surgery, since I had been out of the loop for so long. I am glad you are recovering well. I am lovin your recovery pics!

Matt and Shannon said...

I am glad your surgery went well...how did you post-op go today? And how was the movie?