Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's That Time!!

We got home tonight from a wonderful trip to Columbia, Missouri seeing Justin's family (pics to come later). As soon as we walked in the door, I pretty much started decorating for Christmas. Who needs to put luggage away and sort through mail after being gone almost a week? Christmas decorating just can't wait.



This is the nativity scene my mother in law got for me. It's from Haiti and is made of clay. I absolutely love it - especially the coconut hut!!! But do you see the little figure on the far right? Why does he have a knife in his hand?!?!

And to top of a wonderful evening of Christmas decorating, we decided to put up the fake tree we bought last year on clearance. The only problem? No top!! Luckily the tree company will send it out "immediately." I hope their "immediately" is sometime before Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did the same thing on Friday once both families were gone. Christmas helped me find my happy place! And boy did I need that!

Chellie said...

That is so funny.. the topless tree!! We put our stuff up last weekend.. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving but we just weren't going to have time.