Monday, November 10, 2008

Freedom

We just completed our second go-round of taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class at MRCC. The first time we took it, Justin and I had just gotten engaged and were trying to figure everything out. The course completely changed our lives and got us on the right path. Since then, we have saved a lot, paid off a lot and even had some for home renovations - goodbye nasty green carpet and moldy bathrooms! It's been a true blessing and I can't imagine not living by the envelope system and knowing where each dollar goes! It's been so...peaceful. This time around we were small group leaders - which, I was surprised we were asked! I was a little worried we didn't have enough "experience" to lead others. But we had a great group and I really think they will ALL succeed and stick to it. Plus it helped us get the "gazelle intensity" back in our debt payoff! We are so close!

I would encourage everyone to take this course no matter what stage in life you are in - it will change your life!! It's definitely a lifestyle change, for sure. Wouldn't it feel great to be debt free and be able to have financial FREEDOM?! It can be a reality! I should be Dave's marketing director :)

Have you taken this course? If so, how has it changed your life?

No comments: