Monday, November 3, 2008

Bebo

Lately I've been feeling very overwhelmed. There are a lot of external and internal factors that all add up to me feeling this way but today I left work just feeling...helpless, exhausted, & flat out overwhelmed. What a rough way to start a week! There just seems to be so much going on and I wasn't sure how to handle it all. But as I was listening to my favorite radio station, this song came on - Pull Me Out by Bebo Norman (how can you not love a song by a guy named BEBO?!) Anyway, I just thought I would share some of the lyrics of the song that really touched me at the moment I needed it and helped me calm myself down. Simple things like that help me realize that God does care for me and understands everything I'm going through- He'll pull me out. :)


tell me now, when does this start feeling
like I understand everything I’m dealing with
first I was young, now it’s all just happening
and what about the way I said that made you turn around
and shake your head like I don’t even know what I’m asking for

this could be all about just letting go
this could be all about just holding on

I can’t get my feet off of the ground
I wanna run but I don’t know how
can you reach down here and pull me out, can you pull me out, yeah
I wanna scream but there’s no sound
I wanna fly to you somehow
can you reach me here and pull me out, can you pull me out

remember when I was young and hungry,
I could take it in, without much money,
I had nothing at all but dreams and time to kill
and now I feel like I’m treading water and I’m hardly real -
I’m just trying harder to make my way on the earth by standing still


Anyway, that's my vent for the day. Sorry it's not more uplifting. If you want to listen to this awesome song, go here.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I hope your week gets better! Hope to see you tomorrow night!

jlair said...

That is my new favorite station too! We are like TWINS!!