Thursday, March 28, 2013

WW:Update

Oh Weight Watchers.  How you and I started off so well together and well, I just fell off the bandwagon.

It must be known, I cancelled my online subscription the other day because I had no motivation to track anymore.  I was numbered out and the thought of trying to track that one bite of this or that just exhausted me.  I talked to a friend who is a long time WW gal, and she encouraged me to stick with it especially since I'm less than 10 lbs away from my goal weight.  But, I'm also a tightwad and I can't imagine paying for something that I'm really not using.  Plus, I tend to not care much about goals...which is why I don't set them often.

My new strategy - still eat right without the limitations of tracking, work out 2 times a week (when sickness and school breaks and other things don't get in my way) and still try to lose that weight.  So far, I've done better when I wasn't tracking and limiting myself!

My total right now - 18 lbs lost!  1.6 lbs of that was this last week of not tracking.

It might backfire in my face...but I'm hoping what I learned over the last few months will stick with me. I hope that the changes I've made are lifelong and not short-lived.  I guess we will see in the weeks to come. Keep me accountable.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

you're doing great and there are other ways to lose besides WW so I'm sure you'll keep it up!

Michelle said...

That's why I can't do WW, about 2.5 months in I loose my fire....Jeremy and I are both doing the Arbonne detox starting April 1, cause I want to drop some lbs and just working out and trying to eat good isn't working for me....all those lies about nursing and losing weight....

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You guys are so right, and I struggled with it especially when the kids were little. The older they get, the easier it is to find the time to work out. The best advice I can give is to adopt a few "rules" for yourself, basically lifestyle changes, and stick with them. A couple of mine are: Don't eat after 7 p.m. and eat only 1 dessert a day :) I also have a weight limit. If I hit a certain # on the scale, it's time to take drastic measures like calorie counting, etc. Otherwise, my basic rule for the last 10 years is Enjoy food and exercise 5 days a week.

Victoria Bynum said...

Great work! It is so hard, especially when there are so many delicious unhealthy foods out there! You have lost a lot though! Keep up the new healthy ways!