Monday, March 11, 2013

Missing You

Three years ago today we said goodbye to my Nana.  I can't believe it's been that long...it seems like only yesterday we had her with us.  I think about her a lot, wondering how she is faring up in Heaven (I'm pretty sure she likes it there).  I miss her on random occasions, when we are singing at church and I know how much she loved to hear the singing.  Or being in a Thursday morning bible class with an older lady who reminds me so much of Nana.  If things were different, would Nana have come to bible studies with me?  That would have been really special.

I wonder what she would have thought of my kids - only meeting Haylie as a baby and never getting the chance to meet my Jacers.  I bet she would have loved the fact that Jace has some red hair like my mom did.  Or that he "speaks" his opinion 100% of the time like she used to do.  I think she would have loved Haylie's sweet spirit and special hugs.  I wish we could give her one right now.

Although there are many things I miss about my Nana, I know we all have fond memories of her and are missing her in our own ways.  I know she is in a much better place and we will meet again.

Until then, Nana, I miss you.  Save us a place!

2 comments:

Kim Buesing said...

Love you, Erin! I miss Nana too.

Mom said...

you made me cry~