Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunshine-y Days

We are literally soaking up the sunshine with these nice weather days.  Thursday after school we went to the park for about 2 hours...Friday to the zoo...and today to Martin Park Nature Center.  I've never been to this park, but it's super cool and kind of gives the vibe of Pennsylvania parks which I love.  But, it is not very stroller friendly and I totally brought my bus of a double stroller.  Oopsy!

Lots of trails and a fun nature center with animals, bones, things to touch.  It probably occupied the kids for about 15 minutes before they were ready to do something else.





So we enjoyed the morning.  There was also a playground where these fun times happened.



And of course, it can't be fun without Jace throwing a fit, right?  (He was NOT happy to be asked to lay down for a picture.)

After, the fun continued when we tried to go fly kites...on the most still & calm day ever.  Oklahoma ALWAYS has windy days...except when you want to fly a kite.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

We are looking forward to this summer when we have more sunny days and we can get outside more and more!  My friend and I are thinking about trying out new parks around the city this summer...any good ones we definitely should see?

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Great pics! So glad you enjoyed Martin Nature Center. I'm guessing you know about the park near Ida Freeman School on the west side of Edmond? Can't think of the name of it at the moment but they have a good rocket ship!

Chellie said...

Ummm. I would say there are definitely some parks you should avoid -- if you want more on those I'll tell you where all the sex offenders hang out so you can avoid the area...