Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Things I Want to Remember

Haylie (3 years old)
-New obsession is the color purple.  She has to wear something purple everyday.  Pants, top, necklace, headband.  She will also tell you 30 times a day that her favorite color is purple.

-These were direct quotes from her today.
"Thank you for listening to me."
"Jesus came down from Heaven." (this was said as she was pointing to a long haired, bearded guy in front of us at the dollar store.)
"Jace is poopin'."
"Ugh! You are making me frustrated!!"

-New game to her is playing hide and seek.  I'm not sure where she learned this game, but she runs into her closet, under her covers, under our covers to "hide" and then yells "come find me!!"  If you say her name when she can hear, she will burst into giggles.  The anticipation just about kills her.

-Still very much into Thomas the train.  We found a "huge Thomas book" at the library that is filled with short stories about Thomas and his friends.  She wants to finish the book by the time it's due back...yet she wants to read the same stories over and over.

-New favorite thing to do - cut paper.  This kid will sit in a chair with a stack of papers and cut every single one and then will say, "I'm getting better!"

Jace (13 months)
-Requires minimum of two paci's when sleeping.  One in his hand, one in his mouth...to rotate.

-So far in his little life he has had RSV, a major rash outbreak due to allergic reaction to penicillin, 3+ ear infections, eyes matted shut from sinus infection, a boil, what else am I missing?

-He shows no fear and loves crawling over things and mastering big obstacles.  He has two bruises currently on his forehead to prove it.

-When he points at you, he wants you to point back.  That is how he bonds.

-Favorite past time - pulling Haylie's hair.  If that is out of reach, he wants to play in the cat food.  If that is up off the floor, he wants to touch all the china in the china cabinet...you get the point...he is our little tornado.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I love when B says he's "frustrated," cracks me up so I can only imagine H saying it.
She should come play with B's Thomas the Train tracks and trains sometime.
Love the Jesus came down comment.. so funny.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

SWEET sweet things to remember!

Hucks Randomness said...

I love your kids - The stories you tell just make me smile.

Kim Buesing said...

Love this post! Smiled too many times to count. Completely bummed will not see your for Easter, but please kiss the babies - Tell Justin Hi and I love you.