Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Trifecta

Easter 2013.  Almost as many activities and candy as Halloween.  Again, I don't remember doing this much as a kid.  I think Haylie did 4 Easter egg hunts!  

So the trifecta begins.
One.
Easter Bunny at Northpark Mall. We ran into some friends there and Haylie got to have two photo opps!



Two.
Dying Easter Eggs.  Haylie has never done this before...and she loved it!  We started small with just dunking in dye buckets and 6 eggs.  She was sad when it was over but it was plenty for me.  I just had visions of watery dye flying all over the kitchen.
 My handsome baby.


Three.
Easter Sunday.


Candid of siblings trying to get a cute pose.

 Trying our luck outside with better light.  I literally was about to fall over with both kids on my lap!

I didn't get any pictures of hunting eggs, (crazy, since I had ample opportunity) but just imagine Haylie walking around shouting "egg!!" every time she found one.

It was a great Easter.  We got to enjoy lunch with my family and my bro-in-law's parents. 

But better yet, we got to witness an excellent church service complete with a baptism...which reminded us of the real reason for the celebration of Easter.


1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds great! I agree, lots more activities with the holidays nowadays. You just have to choose which ones work for your family, I guess!